Holiday Baking


It looks like the gingerbread houses were a huge hit this year. What a clever idea to premake the kits. Anywho, here is ours....don't mind that the snowman and gingerbread man are headless. The boys felt the need to sample them before actually decorating them and of course our gingerbread guys had to be playing sports hence the basketball and soccer ball.
As for the reindeer cookies, funny story, I was invited to a cookie exchange and so that afternoon I made 3 dozen reindeer cookies, (that's 72 antlers and 72 eyes) unfortunately the exchange was also the night of the bad storm and after a call from a girlfriend and Vinnie getting home from work both telling me just how bad the roads were, I had to call Alix and tell her that neither I nor the 36 reindeer were coming. For someone who is HORRIBLE in the kitchen, I do think they turned out pretty cute and wanted to post them for all to see.

No comments: